Pattern: pants based on Colette's Clover Pants
Fabric: stretch denim
Hope you're not sick of me making pants yet, because I'm no where near done making them! The latest version is a pair of jeans, a wardrobe staple I've been needing for a while. They were an article of clothing I missed most during Me Made May, and I've been longing for a pair that fits me just right.
As opposed to my four hour pair, these took a bit longer, mostly because I couldn't get the waistband right. I think this mostly has to do with the variability of fabrics - different weaves cause my pants to fit differently, and in this case I think they had a 2-3% stretch instead of 5-10%.
The other thing that I have found annoying about making jeans are the buttons. I have been using Dritz Dungaree buttons, which don't require any special tools and can just be poppezd in to place. But each time I had to redo the waistband, I couldn't get the button off, and I went through about 2 or 3 buttons that way. Even on my current pair I think I need to move the button just slightly, and I'm not sure what I will do!
Despite my struggles I'm excited about this pair. I left them slightly loose at K's suggestion, and I think they will make really nice work pants. More fabric is in the mail...