V-Day Bra

Pattern: very modified Pin-Up Girls' Classic Full-Band Bra #1200
Fabric: Techsheen fabric and findings from Sew Sassy Fabrics
Cost: $10

Perhaps this is TMI, but in testing out my new order of bra fabrics and notions I decided to make myself a Valentine's Day bra inspired by this set from MJTrends fabric store. I don't get too much into candies and roses this time of year, but I couldn't resist a playful, slightly kinky new bra for Feb 14.

It is made using my TNT pattern, a highly modified Pin-Up Girls #1200 in Techsheen, a nylon-spandex blend bra fabric with a 2-way stretch (10% in width, 35% length). This is the first time I've sewn with a proper "bra" fabric instead of regular ponte. It is technically used for the band, but since my pattern is modified for stretch fabrics in the cup I used it there, too. My hope is that it will be sturdier than some of the lace I've been using and will hold up better than ponte, which does tend to pill. In my order I also received proper bra strap elastic and wire casing, which I think will enhance the longevity of my bras. I didn't sew adjustable straps because I'm lazy and my bras generally don't outlast stretched-out elastic anyway.

After sewing up this TNT pattern again I've decided I'm finally ready to branch out and try another pattern. I have Merckwaerdigh BHS10 that I'd like to try for added support and coverage, perhaps with some foam shaping.

There, I think I have sufficiently dulled my scandalous pictures with enough tech language, so I'll leave you with some shots of the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...